Two words – couscous
So good they named it twice? It’s an easy grain to for quick cooking
Couscous cakes are a great school lunch pack filler.
- Prepare 125g cous cous with 150 ml of boiling stock. Stir in 2 beaten eggs then make 6 patties.
- Fry in a little oil for 203 minutes on each side until golden!
Couscous roasted veg quiche
Prep – 10 mins
Cook – 50-55 mins
½ red pepper deseeded and in chunks
½ yellow pepper deseeded and in chunks
1 red onion cut into wedges
1 courgette sliced on diagonal
4 cherry tomatoes
vegetable stock cu be
200 g couscous
50 g butter
3 medium eggs
1 tbsp fresh grated Parmesan
100 g crème fraiche
3 sprigs thyme
½ mozzarella ball
- Preheat the oven to 200 C fan180 gas 6, place all veg in a roasting tin, drizzle with oil and season with pepper. Toss together then roast for 20 minutes turning half-way.
- Meanwhile dissolve stock cube in 240 ml boiling water. Place cous cous in a bowl and pour hot stock over. Cover and let sit for 5 mins. Fluff up with a fork and stir in butte.
- Spoon the couscous into a 20 cm flan dish, pressing evenly into the base and side. Place the cooled roasted veg on top.
- Beat the eggs together and mix in the Parmesan, crème fraiche and thyme. Pour over the veg and top with torn mozzarella. Bake 30-35 mins, until set.
- Serve with a rocket salad.