Visiting the South of England Show last weekend, I was amazed at the Asparagus Stand.
Alongside the asparagus they were selling was a wild fresh garlic pesto which was delicious. And they were advocating eating it with roasted asparagus.
Here’s my take on roasted asparagus.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 asparagus spears per person
- 55g sun blush tomatoes
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 2tbsp chopped chives
- 2tbsp chopped coriander
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Place asparagus in roasting dish [I use a oven proof serving dish] and add the olive oil
- Add the asparagus and sun blush tomatoes
- Season to taste
- Place in hot oven for 10-15 minutes
- When cooked, scatter with chives and coriander
- Boil balsamic vinegar for 20 seconds or so until slightly reduced and pour over asparagus
- Serve immediately
BTW Ingredients for the Fresh Wild Garlic Pesto are as follows and to make the pesto, I guess you just whiz it all together in a liquidizer!
- Wild garlic
- Pine and cashew nuts
- Parmesan cheese
- Organic olive oil
- Sussex rape seed oil
- Lemon juice