1 small onion
2 garlic cloves chopped
2.5cm piece of fresh ginger finely chopped
2tsp ground turmeric
2tbsp fish sauce
2tbsp peanut oil
900g piece of skinless monk-fish or tiapia cut into 4cm chunks
200g dried rice vermicelli noodles
6 spring onions thinly sliced
40g roughly chopped dill stalks and leaves
Chopped roasted peanuts, coriander sprigs,sliced red chilli marinated in rice vinegar and lime wedges to serve
- combine onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, fish sauce and one teaspoon of peanut oil in a bowl. Mix well ten add fish and allow to marinate for 10 minutes
- meanwhile place the noodles in a large bowl and pour over boiling water to cover. Leave to sit for five minutes or until tender, then drain.
- Heat the remaining peanut oil in a large wok over high hear. Add the spring onion and dill and cook for one minute then add the fish mixture.
- Stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until the fish is cooked through
- divide the noodle among bowls and serve the fish on top with its juices spooned over
- serve with a smalls sprinkling of peanuts, coriander, chilli vinegar and lime wedges.